This plugin takes a different approach to how we use and display featured images for posts and pages. Instead of simply reusing an image which already exists in the post/page content, the plugin anticipates that you will want to use lovely large images for your featured images, but to do so intelligently. Depending on what you upload, the plugin will:
- display the image as a backstretch (screen width) image if the image is wider than your site’s Large Media Setting. (as seen on this page and my About page, among others)
- display the image above your post/page content, centered and up to the width of the content, if your image is larger than your Medium Media Setting, and less than or equal to your Large Media Setting.
- display nothing if your featured image width is less than or equal to your Medium Media Setting.
- display nothing if your featured image is already displayed in your content (the original image, not a resized version).
- display a default featured image site-wide if you upload one and the current post/page does not have its own.
Note: This plugin works with the Genesis Framework (affiliate link) and child themes only.
You may download Display Featured Image for Genesis from the WordPress plugin repository.